More than $50,000 in grant funding has been awarded.
Written by CWP Renewables |
Nine Inverell Shire community groups have snapped up a share of over $50,000 in grant funding from the most recent round of the Sapphire Wind Farm Community Fund.
The Sapphire Wind Farm Committee takes applications in two rounds each year, where local non-profits can request funding for the purchase of uniforms, small equipment and infrastructure, renovation and rehabilitation projects, and assistance with new programs and events.
Committee member of the Inverell Polocrosse Club, Cameron Neville thanked the Sapphire Wind Farm Community Fund Committee for allocating $15,000 in the Fund’s second round of 2021, and outlined how the club has benefited from the funding.
“We are very grateful for the funding awarded to us by the Sapphire Wind Farm Community Fund.”
“Currently the polocrosse grounds don’t have any yards for horses to be stabled or safely enclosed so we’ve been relying on club members and competitors providing their own portable yards for practices, carnivals and other events.”
Mr Neville says that the funding from CWP Renewables' Sapphire Wind Farm will allow them to build horse yards as part of their bigger plan to develop the grounds with the aim to host national polocrosse events in the future.
“The Club has a vision to further develop the grounds to accommodate national events, with the horse yards being one part of achieving that vision.”
“With thanks to the funding, the new horse yards will allow the Club to host the annual Swan Cup polocrosse event which is estimated to bring 2,000 competitors and spectators each year.
“The yards will make the grounds more suitable for use for polocrosse events, as well as other horse sports events including pony club.”
The organisations that received funding under the second round of 2021’s fund are:
- Inverell Polocrosse Club | Upgrade of polocrosse grounds | $15,000
- Delungra Recreation Reserve | “Ready to Train” training yards | $10,000
- Ashford Showground Trust | Equipment upgrade | $6,500
- Inverell Theatre Company | Beaulieu Memorial Theatre upgrade | $5,550
- Inverell Chamber of Commerce & Industry | Festival of Christmas Inverell | $5,000
- Myall Creek Hall & Recreation Ground Trust | Disabled toilet fit out | $3,230
- Inverell Golf Club | Dam pump & pump shed replacement | $3,000
- Inverell Ladies Golf | Get into Golf for Women | Golf club sets | $2,085
- Inverell Mower Sports Club | Mower racing track | Painting of barriers for licencing | $1,430
Round 1 of the Sapphire Wind Farm Community Fund for 2022 opens on Monday, 17 January 2022.